Friday, April 08, 2016

Day 8 of 30 - A Tritina For a Snail and a Heart

Day eight. One week down. Keeping the omit a letter thing running. I omit "h". Doing a tritina. The random words I use: fingers, loneliness, snail.

The prompt comes from Day 7 of NaPoWriMo.net. - "The tritina is a three, three-line stanzas, and a final concluding line. Three “end words” are used to conclude the lines of each stanza, in a set pattern of ABC, CAB, BCA, and all three end words appear together in the final line." 

A Tritina For a Snail


submitted

Getting another one in. I won't omit the letter "h". I randomly selected three words: burn, heart, table. Keeping with the tritina.  You might have noticed that in some of my poems a few letters have gotten away from me.
Tritina for my Heart
They say good trees burn 
A lot like my heart
Most days I eat at the table

When I was young I built a table
Set it on fire and watched it burn 
They say one must have a heart

When I got older I learnt how to keep my heart
I filled it with some chairs, a wife, some kids, a dog, a table
But then my chest did burn.

I know a broken heart when I see one, set table, burn. 

2 comments:

sean said...

Oh, I love the snail.

Taidgh Lynch said...

Thanks Sean. Lots of writing still to be done.