Friday, April 15, 2016

Day 14 of 30 It's Only a Crow

Day fourteen's approach was to write a poem about something that happened to me recently and connect it to my past.

It's Only a Crow
My brother rescued a crow once he named him Russell. He kept him in a box in the shed and he fed him. When it was time he let him go. And today while I was playing soccer in a sports hall everyone stopped. A crow had fallen out of the rafters onto the floor. What does one do in such circumstances? Hold their breath? Hold a minute silence? Go quietly back to whatever it was that held importance? We did not know or pretend to know as the crow was scooped up and thrown out the door.

4 comments:

Lana Slaybell said...

I read it as cow at first and wondered how a cow would fit in a box.

Taidgh Lynch said...

Great! A cow fitting into a box makes a good image. Maybe one of my miniature cows got away from my other poem. Thanks for your comment.

Taidgh Lynch said...

It's Only a Cow
My brother rescued a cow once he named him Russell. He kept him in a box in the shed and he fed him. When it was time he let him go. And today while I was playing soccer in a sports hall everyone stopped. A cow had fallen out of the rafters onto the floor. What does one do in such circumstances? Hold their breath? Hold a minute silence? Go quietly back to whatever it was that held importance? We did not know or pretend to know as the cow was scooped up and thrown out the door.

Lana Slaybell said...

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! I CAN NOT TOP LAUGHING! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. FROM THE TITLE TO THE LAsT sENTENCE IT's HILARIOUs! XD