Thursday, April 16, 2015

14/30 Verbatim and Found

Carbon
It was caught by the wind,
flung down on the earth,
lifted ten kilometres high
It was breathed in by a falcon,
descending into its precipitous lungs,
but it did not penetrate
its rich blood and was expelled.
It dissolved three times in the water of the sea,
once in the water of a cascading torrent
and again was expelled.
It travelled with the wind for eight years:
now high, now low, on the sea and among the clouds,
over forests, deserts, and limitless expanses of ice.
Then it stumbled into capture, the great organic adventure.

--verbatim poetry taken from The Faber Book of Science edited by John Carey page 339. I then decided to play around with it. See if the chopping, changing it to I and adding a few words does anything to it.


Carbon
I was caught by the wind,
flung down on the earth,
then lifted high.
I was breathed in by a falcon,
descended into its lungs,
but I did not penetrate
its blood. I was expelled
and I dissolved
in the water of the sea,
again I was expelled.
I travelled with the wind
for eight years:
now high, now low,
on the sea and among the clouds,
through forests, and deserts,
over limitless expanses of ice.

No comments: