Wednesday, October 29, 2014

NaNO

NaNoWriMo is kicking off in a few days and I've been trying to decide if I'll do it or not. I started doing it in 2011 and didn't complete it once, though it was a good exercise in writing. I think the most I wrote in November was 30,000 words. It was a challenge but at times it really upset me and got me thinking more about the word count then having a go at just writing. So this year it will be NaNOwrimo for me. There's no use feeling sick over the whole thing and getting guilty about how many words were written in November. That doesn't mean that I'm against NaNoWriMo as it works for some (might give them a kick up the arse to write) it's just not for me.  I think every writer needs to find out what works for them. So for the month of November I will continue to write everyday though there won't be a rigid word count or specific type of writing.

Here are some writing challenge sites that I'll be digging into during November:

The 100 Word Challenge

One minute writer

Write or Die

750 words

And some prompts:
writing prompts

52



No comments: