Sunday, June 22, 2014

Sunday News

Can you imagine that I have never had a "designated writing space"? So that is what I went and did this weekend.  I got a writing area and I thought the apartment where the desk was looked mighty fine so I got that as well.

You probably ask where I have been writing if I had no "designated writing space". Well I write everywhere. On the couch, sat on the floor, in a cafe, in the park. Of course with some kind of apparatus like a notebook or my laptop.

In other news last year I took part in a mailart call in Granada. I sent them a handmade postcard and it's interesting to see everything that came of it. I can't speak Spanish but I followed the links I was sent over the months and it looked like a great success. So a book is out with all the contributors pieces. And a mighty book it is. You can view the Issuu copy here:  Mailart Postdata Esperanza To save you a mad search my postcard is on page 143.

Get on your bike! That's what I did recently and I pedalled down to the post office to drop off some art and writing to PaperGrrl Belfast. If your wandering around Donegall Street in Belfast on the 27 June - 5 July check out their exhibition in Paragon Studios. Then the fun part - they pass out free art on their bikes to anyone in the area. I wonder who got my art last year.

Yesterday I sent off a short story to Mashstories. For those of you who don't know Mash it's a competition they hold every three months, I think. You are given three words that you must work into the 500 word story. This time around it was: Monkey, relativity and cathedral. The word that gave me the most grief was relativity. Damn difficult! But I worked it in to the best of my ability and that's all one can do. I can't wait for the next set of words.

2 comments:

Toirdealbhach Ó Lionáird said...

So how's that new writing place working out then? I tend to write anywhere I can too but more often than not it's at the kitchen table!!!
I have to say that Ted the house head guy sure looks fierce excited that he's made it to Granada!!

L. said...

I'm glad you got a writing space! For me it's often the dining room table because my desk is piled with books & papers & jars of pens, but it helps to have a place to go that is designated for "work."