Saturday, May 04, 2013

Saturday Sun

It's rally weekend. Not my favourite time of the year as plenty of wannabe racers speed through the streets. I normally leave town or lock myself in my house. I think this year I'll lock myself in, at least at night, when things get out of control in the pubs and nightclubs.

I heard that there's going to be a writing workshop in the local library soon, so I'll head down to check that out. The sun is shining today, there's talk about it being hot and the need for sandals. Wearing sandals in Ireland! Who would have thought.

All this good weather has inspired me to read about nature and sky related works. Like Sasha Fletcher's: When All Our Days Are Numbered Marching Bands Will Fill the Streets & We Will Not Hear Them Because We Will Be Upstairs in the Clouds Quite long for a book title, but it's nice and poetic on its own

Annie Proulx is getting another look in as well. Her Bird Cloud had been neglected, I'm sad to say. Nothing like a bit of good weather to inspire one to read.

No comments: