Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Myths and Legends and A Book Burning

My new project kicks off today It's titled: Myths and Legends and it involves envelopes, stamps and my imagination. I'm going to have a few actual legends but mostly my own imagined myths and legends. Here's a a photo of the first one:

The Green Haired Lady has lovely long green hair. It is soft like a blanket and green as the grass. Oh look Fergus is peeping. If he stares too long something dreadful will happen to him.

 pen drawing. Title: Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?

 colour brings the world to life


I'm on page one hundred of Haruki Murakami's 1Q84 and to be honest with you I'm struggling with it. I'm a big fan of Murakami, I have all his works of fiction, but I can't help but worry. I have eight hundred and twenty-eight pages left to go and all I can see are constant references to past books, over the top character behaviour and some god awful descriptions of intimacy. I didn't think I'd ever say this but I feel like using it to start a fire today. With such a large brick of a book I'm sure it would make a great fire. How about sitting in front of a book burning with a nice cup of tea? 

4 comments:

lostgander said...

Haha...awesome! This post made me laugh on an otherwise bleak Tuesday. Nice drawings, too! I think I will take you up on that cup of tea.

Taidgh Lynch said...

Kettle just boiled. Going to throw a few teabags in the teapot. Time for a tea party! Now where did I put that book.

pinky1119 said...

I especially enjoy seeing the drawing come into color!

I also like the idea of personal mythology. I will have to think about this as it has reminded me of all kinds of explanations I had for why things happened, from childhood. As opposed to now being an adult and now of course understanding what everyone meant - back then there was a lot that was very mysterious to me.

Taidgh Lynch said...

I thought it would be nice to show a kind of before and after photo of on my drawings. Happy you like it.

I'm quite intrigued by personal mythology. I hope I can do some digging and find out what mythology means to me. Have a great weekend Claudia.