Friday, May 17, 2013

Celebrate the End of 1328 Pages and a Drawing

I finished 1Q84 all, 1.328 pages! It was quite the read, and fell flat (it nearly flattened me) in the end. One of the things that irked me was the use of two translators. One for part 1-2 and then a new translator for part three. A good idea?  No not a good idea in the slightest. Part two ended with a cliffhanger - and that was quickly squashed in the third part. What is the point of introducing something to a story and then pretty much doing nothing with it? The book even suggests this, saying that when something is introduced in a story it must be used. So why not use it? It could have been something, in a world of a strange cult, people pretty much being reborn, little people, a plagiariser,  alternative worlds, cats, a hit woman, and two moons. But it didn't go anywhere. After reading it a shot of whiskey was in order.

I've started submitting poetry in earnest over the past few weeks. So if I get any good news I'll let you know.  Fingers crossed.

I've started on a new drawing. Now for some colourPandora's Friends

2 comments:

lostgander said...

Best of luck with your submissions!

I am working on a chapbook/zine right now. It is made up of material taken from the blog so you may have read it all before, but if you're interested I will send you a copy when it's done.

Taidgh Lynch said...

Some art and poetry of mine will be published in an art and literary zine. I should get my hands on a copy of it towards the end of this month.

I would love to get a copy of your zine. I'm sure there's something I've missed.