Saturday, October 13, 2012

Saturday Sunlight Fever

Conversing with a Bird
A small brown bird swooped down from the sky and I thought I could tame it. I would dress it in a tuxedo and name it George. It would talk with a British accent and over strong, bitter ale we would discuss the meaning of life or the distant possibility of life existing some place far away up and beyond the clouds.

How does One Simulate a Shipwreck? 
I feel I've been battered and shipwrecked a thousand times and now I try to show you what it's like. How does one simulate a shipwreck? With my arms and legs flaying like bits of wood and timber I try to show you. My neck imitates the giant mast of a ship cracking, crashing into white foamy waves. You throw back your head, roll your eyes and ask me what I'm talking about. 

2 comments:

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

What a nice little vignette you've created in "Conversing with a Bird."

Taidgh Lynch said...

Thanks Sweet Posy Dreams. Nice to see you here!