Saturday, March 17, 2012

Lá Fhéile Pádraig Shona!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Here's a postcard from Insight Ireland of a place in my town. Yes this is where I live, of course not right on the lake. I'm very lucky and spoiled for great views and wonderful places to go hiking and trekking. If only the weather would sort itself out.

It's been quiet here, I blame my absence on my computer having a series of crashes and while I have it up and running it's not fully sorted itself out yet.

This month is the month of supporting small presses or so I've been led to believe. I''ve been snapping up a lot of great comics as well as zines and poetry collections. My support has been so great that I'm the one that needs supporting. I'm out of pocket for the time being but at least I have a lot of great reading material and the continuous circle of saving up for the next big spend rolls on.

Here are two pics of a copy of Square One that I picked up. It's a double issue flip book comics anthology between Céstbon Kulter and Rabid Rabbit. Whew, quite the tongue twister. One side is Céstbon and the other Rabid Rabbit. Different artists were given the same brief - make a short comic with the first sketch being of someone opening a door. That's it. After that the artist has free reign to do what they want. It works well and it's great to see such creative and talented individuals at work. Céstbon Kulter's site always eludes me. I'm chasing it up. Check out rabid rabbit here





No comments: