Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines!

I hope you're all having a great day. I got a nice postcard in the post this morning from Portland, Oregon. I'm starting to receive a nice steady flow of post from all over the world thanks mainly to Postcrossing.

What's Postcrossing? Well it's a place where members exchange postcards, but they're sent by random users so you never know who you'll get a postcard from or what you'll get.

Check it out here

Here's some of the cards I've received.

This card is from Svetlana from Belarus. She tells me her favourite book is Lust for Life by Irving Stone.

This postcard's from Martina from Czech Republic. She tells me that it's a famous fairytale. In the picture is Hurvinek and his father Spejbl.


Here's a video of the puppets in action.

This card is from Jetske in the Netherlands, it came with some lovely stickers. She tells me the card is about an ice skating event the: "elfstedentocht" and it's only held when it's freezing for a rather long time.

A typical Dutch card from Erika and my first Postcrossing stamp! She tells me she works as a purchaser of medical products and she reads a lot, especially thrillers. Her favourite writers are: Stephen King, Kathy Reichs, and Camilla Lackberg



This card's from Verena she lives in a small town in Switzerland. She tells me you can see the old traditions in the mountains, but that they are getting lost more and more.

No comments: