Monday, November 06, 2006

Taste the Sunlight

Taste the Sunlight

Rough twine ropes make nice necklaces
on which to hang bodies,
there is some peace knowing life
is cut off from the neck,
the feet will never walk again,
the mouth will never speak.

Then there is hurt - life is fragile,
angels cannot be murdered,
innocence must walk through life
in soft footfalls, in gentle music hearts.

Taste the sunlight; do not eat
darkness in a closet, where ghosts live.

I will not announce my coming
I am arriving for you
in a flash of light,
in the birth of a star,
when the moon is full blue
and the renewal of tide
floods red Egypt –
All must occur in
the menstrual cycle of earth.

2 comments:

Steve said...

This is good. I don’t think I’ve seen it posted before. I like the sound of it…how it starts rather harsh, then soft, then sort of hurried.

Sort of a paradox here?

Rough twine ropes make nice necklaces
on which to hang bodies,
there is some peace knowing life
is cut off from the neck,
the feet will never walk again,
the mouth will never speak.


I like this part.

Then there is hurt - life is fragile,
angels cannot be murdered,
innocence must walk through life
in soft footfalls, in gentle music hearts.

Very nice!

-Steve

Psycho said...

I like this one alot tiger...verry nice. You're getting better! I still like tommy though :P

get on and talk to me...and link me up, yeah? xxxx