Wednesday, August 09, 2006

A Few Poems


Devolution
When the brain stops
we lose consciousness,
when the heart stops
we lose ourselves.

Only Wings
Only two wings can make me fly
into your heart of ether
inside your head lies the beating moon
The eyes contain the sun.

Only your smile can make me live
To touch the rainbow sky
The veins lead me home
The mouth contains the soul.


The Sea is the Sky
The stars shine
Deep in the sea
As silver tuna
Dance in the sky
Captain abandons ship
To swim with mermaids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like Devolution. But for some reason it sounds familiar. Am I just being daft and it is my some well known character, or is it original but just holds the same theme of other poems?

~Female from planet Earth

ragingplanetfire said...

No Devolution is mine, you might have seen it before as it was a stanza on a bigger poem of mine. I liked it a lot and thought it would be so much better on its own, and it is. For all I know it might have the same theme as other poems and might remind you of something, though it was written with no thought of any poems in mind. Glad you liked it